Consular Legalization Services in New York

Get a Consular Legalization right here in New York City

DocsBase Inc. doesn’t just provide the most affordable translation services in the city, we also can get your documents legalized for use abroad. If you need to use a document internationally, you will need to make sure that it is authenticated. The country in which you intend to use the document will determine what type of authentication you need. In most cases you will need an Apostille. Countries that are signatories to The Hague Convention accept documents with Apostilles. You can find a complete list of those countries here.

Located in New York? We can authenticate your document

When an Apostille is not sufficient, your document requires consular or embassy legalization. This can be a time and energy-consuming process. Let us handle it for you. Usually, it involves notarizing your document, submitting them to the secretary of state in the state it was issued, and then submitting everything to the Consulate where you intend to use it. A surprising large number of countries require this type of legalization and, often, the only embassy that will do it is located in Washington D.C. This is the case of Brazil. Despite having a consulate right here in New York, you cannot get consular legalization here. You must go to the main consulate in Washington D.C.


We only work with the best linguists around the world, ensuring 100% quality and unbeatable completion time

A list of documents that often need Consular Legalization

Your document type can also change the procedure for legalization. For example, educational documents like diplomas and transcripts must be printed on official letterhead containing the name and address of the university. There are many technicalities that certain documents require, but this can also vary depending on the target country. Here is a list of documents that we often get legalized: affidavits, agreements, transcripts, diplomas, birth/marriage/divorces certificates, court orders, background checks/criminal records. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it helps to illustrate the nature of the documents that require consular legalization.

Come get your document translated and legalized at DocsBase

Of course, if you intend to use a document in another country, you must present a document in their official language. Once, we get your document legalized we can also get it translated. We have a team of in-house translators covering the major language pairs and trusted freelancers on hand for the more unusual combinations. Visit our website today to get a free quote!

Tags: document legalisation new york



Keep up with all our news and special offers


Have a Question? We are here to Help! Give us a call now! +1 (332) 209 3912